Administration & Communications Assistant (Part-time)
Centre for the Study of Democratic Citizenship/ Centre pour l’étude de la citoyenneté démocratique McGill University
Under the direction of the CSDC-CÉCD co-ordinator, provides co-ordination, administrative and communications support to ensure the smooth operations of a dynamic research centre.
– Co-ordinates a variety of academic events, including bi-weekly seminars and workshops;
– Manages requests for equipment, offices supplies, and furniture;
– Liaises with graduate student membership to maintain records and to provide logistical support for student events and activities;
– Prepares and processes expense claims, time sheets, payroll submissions, and purchase orders;
– Maintains and updates records, databases, and mailing lists;
– Updates Centre website, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts.
Other qualifying skills and abilities
– Dynamic, quick-learning and self-motivated;
– Established record of thorough and accurate job performance;
– Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
– Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with all levels of staff including academics, administrators, students, and external contacts;
– Demonstrated organization, planning, problem-solving, and communication skills;
– Undergraduate or master’s degree required;
– A degree in a discipline related to the CSDC-CÉCD research themes would be an asset;
– Bilingual (French and English), spoken and written, would also be an asset.
Hours: 15-25 hours/week
Wage: commensurate with education and experience $15-$20
Closing date: January 3rd, 2016
Start date: first week of January, 2017
Duration: January-April 2017, with possible extension to August 2017
To apply: Please email cover letter and résumé to csdc-cecd (at) mcgill (dot) ca. Please put “Job application” in the subject line