Administration Assistant (Part-time)
Centre for the Study of Democratic Citizenship/ Centre pour l’étude de la citoyenneté démocratique
Under the direction of the CSDC-CÉCD co-ordinator, provides administrative support to ensure the smooth operations of a dynamic research centre.
· Prepares and processes expense claims, time sheets, payroll submissions, and purchase orders;
· Maintains and updates records, databases, and mailing lists;
· Provides logistical support for events and activities;
Other qualifying skills and abilities
· Dynamic, quick-learning and self-motivated;
· Established record of thorough and accurate job performance;
· Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
· Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with all levels of staff including academics, administrators, students, and external contacts;
· Demonstrated organization, planning, problem-solving, and communication skills;
· Undergraduate or master’s degree required;
· A degree in a discipline related to the CSDC-CÉCD research themes would be an asset;
· Bilingual (French and English), spoken and written, would also be an asset.
Hours: 10-15 hours/week
Wage: commensurate with education and experience $15-$20
Application reviews will be conducted until the position is filled.
Start date: upon hiring
Duration: February-April 2017, with possible extension to August 2017
To apply: Please email cover letter and résumé to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please put “Job application” in the subject line.