The Centre invites applications for visiting scholar invitations. Applications should be sent by July 15 to email@example.com.
Visiting scholars usually stay for a week to 10 days and divide their time between Montréal and Quebec City. They are expected to give a talk and to be available to meet with Centre members, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. Decision criteria include the following:
(1) The visit should be able to create broad interest among Centre members and beyond.
(2) Visiting scholar should be high calibre and leading scholars in their field (junior should have done highly visible and important work)
(4) Can the scholar offer a workshop (in addition to a talk) for students and interested faculty?
(5) Does the visit create new opportunities for new collaborations?
Please send your application as a single PDF file containing all the sections of the of the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must contain the following information:
- Name of all applicants
- University affiliation of all applicants
- E-mail of applicant
- Explanation of how the visiting scholar fulfills any or all of the above criteria (maximum 1 page).
- The scholar’s CV
Budget Estimate (maximum 1 page)
The budget estimate must contain an overview of all expenses planned for the proposed event.
Decision on visiting scholar:
Following the review of application by the steering committee, the principal applicant will receive an e-mail notification detailing the decision of the steering committee.