The Steering Committee is composed of a Full Member from each of the partner and collaborating universities with at least two Full Members, selected by the Full Members and is chaired by the Director. The CSDC Director is also the representative of his university. The CSDC Coordinator serves as a non-voting member of the Steering Committee. The Director is an ex-officio member. University representatives have a three (3) year term which can be renewed for up to one (1) term.
The Steering Committee has the following responsibilities
- Implement the CSDC scientific programming of the CSDC;
- Prepare the budget and submit it to the Board of Directors;
- Manage the budget, staff, CSDC’s material resources and scholarship and grant programs;
- Prepare the annual report of the CSDC and submit it to the Board of Directors;
- Appoint an associate director;
- Approve of new Full Members and Collaborators;
- Ensure the ongoing monitoring of the CSDC activities.
Current Steering Committee members are:
CSDC Director (Université de Montéal)
Associate Director (UQAM)
CSDC Coordinator (Université de Montréal)