The CSDC is happy to present:
Celebrating CSDC authors
Where and When: Friday, December 4, 2020 at 3:00pm on Zoom.
The event is bilingual, with discussions in French and in English.
Video of the event available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCids5DJE-Q
About: The end of the year is coming, and it is time to gather and to celebrate! Over the last year, our members published books on the Brexit and referendums, communication and media crisis management, parliamentarism and parties, gender and minorities representation, and so on…We are celebrating their publications – and more! – on the occasion of a virtual roundtable. Copies of these books will also be offered as giveaways to three CSDC students and postdoctoral fellows attending the event.
The following books will be presented during the roundtable:
Framing Risky Choices: Brexit and the Dynamics of High-stakes referendums
- Authors: Ece Özlem Atikcan (University of Warwick, Political Science), Richard Nadeau (Université de Montréal, Political Science) and Éric Bélanger (McGill, Political Science)
- Commentator: Elissa Berwick (McGill, Political Science)
Là tout de suite? La gestion de crise gouvernementale à l’ère de l’instantanéité numérique
- Authors: Thierry Giasson (Université Laval, Political Science) and Véronique Prince (Université Laval, Political Science)
- Commentators: David Dumouchel (Université Laval, Political Science)
Lost on Divison : Party Unity in the Canadian Government
- Author: Jean-François Godbout (Université de Montréal, Political Science)
- Commentator: Marc André Bodet (Université Laval, Political Science)
Aggression in Pornography: Myths and Realities
- Authors: Eran Shor (McGill, Sociology) and Kimberly Seida (McGill, Sociology)
- Commentators: Esther Armaignac (McGill, Education and Gender studies)
The event is free to attend and open to everyone!